Thursday, October 14, 2004

Oregon Transplant! GET IT?! HA HA HA HA HA HA

I've had a bit of free time lately since I've (re)started my life in Oregon, so I thought I'd start writing again. This is a generous way of saying, "I have no life and few friends and am often bored." It's not quite that bad, but you get the idea. Anyway, I've been thinking about it for awhile and got fired up when a co-worker mentioned that he'd written and published a paper, for fun, about an historical Oregon flood. He's got a family and yet he still made time to write. Besides, I don't want to keep my ideas confined to the comments section of Mikey's blog. ONWARD, SLUTS!

My upstairs neighbor, Dine (prounounced like Renee), took me to a "clothing optional" hot spring yesterday. She was about to exercise her "option" but decided not to when I said I had my trunks on. It's probably for the best as I imagine raging mega-huge veined boners violate hot springs etiquette. Unless there's a ring toss or something. The spring itself was really sweet. It emerged from a tiny cave and descended down a tiny gulch. The USFS had built small pools into it with local rocks. Besides us two, the other half-dozen people were RVers in their 40s and 50s. Once I got over the initial shock and remembered not to glance down, it was surprisingly easy-going. I'd like to go back when it's raining or snowing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Nutty said...

First one to comment on Warren's blog...BOO-YA!!


Uh...you're gay.

5:06 PM  
Blogger pasq242 said...

CURSE MY METAL BODY, I WASN'T FAST ENOUGH

Yes, Waan, you'd be surprised what you have time for if you make the effort. Just look at the fabulously-detailed furniture I've crafted from human remains!

Speaking of hot springs-- in the approximately 4 pages of the Post I read per year, they had an article about Japanese hot springs (called onsen). There was this huge scandal recently wherein spring owners had found that the waters were losing their characteristic milky white color, so they started adding dyes to the spring water. In any case, the Jap public, being fucking nuts as it is, went berserk and a lot of small touristy hot spring towns shut down. Apparently, public bathing is so central to Japanese culture that news of this scandal was tantamount to emotional rape. With tentacles.

And yes, I passed up the obvious joke about the milky white color.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Waan said...

I saw that in the Post too (yes, I still read it). The ultimate irony is that Dine is half-Japanese and has spent some time in the great Nippon. I passed along this lil' tidbit to her.
HOO HA HA ... HA ... ha .....

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home