Friday, November 21, 2008

Symptoms of Deflation

On Labor Day weekend I cruised off to a special place in eastern Oregon. I've been meaning to go to this place for a long time. It's seeeecret. Sorta.

It's a hot spring.

Well maybe not actually "hot", but it's warm. Most importantly, it's completely ridiculous.

I was the only one there.

I'd never been there, so I spent an hour wading upstream trying to find it and an hour walking/wading back to Jiggles. Even though I only spent an hour in the pool and ended up spending a surprising number of hours behind the wheel (dodging elk at 3 a.m. is enough to keep any eyeball peeled), the views and relaxing soak were very much worth it.

Great stuff.

Then, as usual, there was the Annual Veteran's Day Road Trip. This year featured, as usual, southern Utah. I was accompanied, as usual, by someone with little to no prior experience runnin' around the best parts of the Colorado Plateau. And, as usual, there wasn't enough time. But it was still unusually good.

First stop: Zion.

The night was spent in the National Forest near Bryce. There wasn't a soul around.

The next morning we stopped in Bryce for a quick hike down Wall Street...

... and then onward to some of my favorite country.
Sunshine pulled a Patagucci pose while I gawked.

We stopped very briefly in Capitol Reef--enough for a few quick shots.

As the sun set, we ran around some of the badlands formed in the Mancos Shale.

One last shot at the abandoned house between Cainville and Hanksville...

... and then an all-night drive home.

1 Comments:

Blogger scalpystraz said...

I always very much enjoy your picture blogs. KEEP UP THE HOTNESS.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home